» Back to Blog page
25 Ways you know you’ve become Culturally Spanish
1. You have dinner after 10pm.
2. You can’t say goodbye without exclaiming “VENGA!”
3. Tortilla de patatas and pan con tomato is a perfect meal for any occasion.
4. You know that “Sangria” and “tinto de veranos” are the liquid fuel of champions.
5. You start complaining about days without clear sunshine.
6. Ordering tapas instead of a meal at the restaurant becomes natural.
7. Sandals replace your daily shoes.
8. Lunch time begins after 2pm, because evenings start to get longer.
9. You pick up abandoned furniture off the street for your flat.
10. Your speed of walking decreases.
11. Queuing at the supermarket without chafing at the salesperson becomes normal.
12. You start complaining (“Que frio”), when temperature drops under 25 degrees.
13. You kiss people’s cheeks, when you meet them the first time.
14. On your messages you sometimes write “jajaja” instead of “hahaha”.
15. Your personal space turns into public one.
16. Every sentence you speak in Spanish contains at least one of these words: “bueno”, “coño, “vale”, “venga”, “es que”…
17. You know that after 2pm there’s no point in going shopping, so you plan it for the evening.
18. If you plan to meet with a friend at half past 4, that’s a general point of reference where punctuality is neither expected or adhered to.
19. You think adding lemonade, fanta or even coke to red wine is perfectly acceptable.
20. There’s no way you can eat any meal without having a “café con leche” or “cortado” afterwards.
21. You use public places like your own terrace.
22. You forget to say please (por favor) or thanks (gracias) when you order a drink at the bar – you implied it in your tone of voice, right?
23. You drink several coffees a day, especially in the morning.
24. You have no problem bringing your small kids to festivals past midnight.
25. You’ve mastered the art of partying until 8am.
Source: Linguaschools, link
» Back to Blog page